WB ROPA 2019 or 6th pay commission West Bengal Salary Calculator w.e.f 01.01.2020
ROPA 2019- Finally, the Finance Department of Government of West Bengal issued the Notification No. 5562–F Dated 25th September 2019, revising the Pay & Allowances of the West Bengal Government Employees effective from 01.01.2020. This notification has come out as the 6th pay commission under West Bengal ROPA 2019.
6th pay commission West Bengal / 6th pay commission salary calculator
There is no doubt that this newly revised pay structure under the WB ROPA 2019 / 6th Pay Commission West Bengal is going to help millions of state government employees. Also, other employees, of the state-aided or sponsored Institutions, Organisations, Schools, Colleges, Public Sector Units would come under the purview of this WB ROPA 2019. This article would enable you to get easily 6th pay commission salary calculator.
Though, as per the Notification No. 5562–F Dated 25.09.2019 this revised salary would be implemented from 01.01.2020 but the notional fixation would be effective from 01.01.2016. Needless to say that the Government of India also implemented the 7th CPC for the Central Govt. employees w.e.f 01.01.2016. Therefore, in that case, the Govt. of WB has made the notional fixation date in line with the G.O.I.
Though this ROPA 2019 or 6th Pay Commission of West Bengal was much awaiting and was issued much later than expected, however, its publication has given a great sigh of relief to the millions of WB Govt. employees. In this post, we would discuss on WB ROPA 2019 Salary calculator, its effect on the employees and try to learn whether WB ROPA 2019 really worth it in line with the Central Govt. employees.
In this article, you will be able to get your answer on the following topics:
6th pay commission West Bengal, 6th pay commission calculator, pay commission calculator, WB pay commission, 6th pay commission in West Bengal, West Bengal pay commission,6th pay commission salary calculator, pay commission wb,6th pay calculator,6th pay commission of West Bengal govt latest news.
Salary calculator of West Bengal government employees, WB pay commission 2016, West Bengal 6th pay commission calculator, revised 6th pay commission calculator, West Bengal pay scale calculator,6th pay commission salary calculator, salary calculator of West Bengal government employees, West Bengal salary calculator.
To calculate your Revised Salary under ROPA 2019 check the below calculator link
Let us first understand a few definitions or relevant terms pertaining to this new Rules of Pay & Allowances 2019 or 6th pay commission West Bengal.
*WB ROPA 2019 Highlights*
- WB ROPA 2019 is applicable from 1st January 2020.
- Pay has been fixed notionally from 01.01.2016.
- No arrear salary has been announced here.
- No DA has been announced here.
- New revised HRA has been set to 12%.
- The maximum HRA allowance is capped at Rs.12000.
- 2.57 Multiplier factor has been taken into consideration.
- Medical Allowance has been increased to Rs.500.
- The default increment is set to July every year.
Definitions ‐In these rules unless the context otherwise requires,‐
(a) “existing basic pay” means the pay is drawn in the prescribed existing Pay Band for 6th pay commission salary calculator
and Grade Pay but does not include any other type of pay;
(b) “existing Pay Band and Grade Pay” means the running Pay Band and the Grade Pay applicable to the post held by the Government employee or, as the case may be, the personal scale applicable to such Government employee on account of his advancement to a higher Pay Band/Grade Pay under specific or general orders of the Government as on 1stday of January, 2016, whether in a substantive or officiating or temporary capacity, and
(c) existing pay structure means the present system of Pay Band and Grade Pay applicable to the post held by the Government employee as on the 1st day of January, 2016 whether in a substantive or officiating capacity or the Pay Band and Grade Pay as personal scale applicable to him on account of advancement to higher Pay Band /Grade Pay as per 6th pay commission calculator.
(d) existing emoluments mean the sum of existing basic pay and existing dearness allowance allowed to the basic pay as on 1st day of January 2016 for 6th pay commission calculator.
(e) Pay Matrix means Matrix specified in Schedule‐I and Schedule‐II, with levels of pay arranged in vertical cells as assigned to corresponding existing Pay Band and Grade Pay ;
(f) Level in the Pay Matrix shall mean the Level corresponding to the existing Pay Band and Grade Pay as specified in Schedule‐III;
(g) pay in the Level means the pay drawn in the appropriate Cell of the Level as specified in Schedule‐I and Schedule‐II;
(h) revised pay structure means the Pay Matrix and the Level specified therein corresponding to the existing Pay Band and Grade Pay of the post unless a different revised Level is notified separately for the post ;
(i) basic pay in the revised pay structure means the pay drawn in the prescribed Level in the Pay Matrix ;
3 (j) “revised emoluments as per ROPA 2019” means the pay in the Level of a Government employee in the revised pay structure and includes the revised non‐practicing allowance, if any, admissible to him.;
(k) Schedule means a schedule appended to these rules.
4. Level of posts in the 6th Pay Commission of West Bengal ‐ From the date of commencement of these rules the Level of posts shall be determined in accordance with the various Levels as assigned to the corresponding existing Pay Band and Grade Pay as specified in the Pay Matrix.
5. Drawal of pay in the revised pay structure ‐ Save as otherwise provided in these rules, a Government servant shall draw pay in the Level in the revised pay structure applicable to the post which he is holding as on 01.01.2016 or to which he is appointed on or after 1st day of January 2016:
Provided that a Government employee may elect to continue to draw pay in the existing pay structure until the date on which he earns his next increment in the existing pay structure or until he vacates his post or ceases to draw pay in the existing pay structure:
Provided further that in cases where a Government employee has been placed in a higher Grade Pay between 1st day of January 2016 and the date of notification of these rules on account of promotion or upgradation, the Government employee may elect to switch over to the revised pay structure from the date of such promotion or up-gradation as the case may be.
Note 3‐ A Government employee whose existing scale of the post was revised with effect from any date before publication of these rules may be allowed the benefits of exercising option under this rule on the basis of notional basic pay in the related scale.
7. Fixation of initial pay as per the 6th Pay Commission of West Bengal or WB State govt pay scale ‐ (1) The initial pay of a Government employee who elects , or is deemed to have elected under rule 6 to be governed by the revised pay structure on and from the 1st day of January, 2016,shall,unless in any case the Governor by special order otherwise directs, be fixed separately in respect of his substantive pay in the permanent post on which he holds a lien or would have held a lien if such lien had not been suspended , and in respect of his pay in the officiating post held by him , in the following manner,namely:‐
(a) in the case of all employees,‐
(i) the pay in the applicable Level in the Pay Matrix shall be the pay obtained by multiplying the existing basic pay by a factor of 2.57, rounded off to 5 the nearest rupee and the figure so arrived at will be located in that level in the Pay Matrix and if such an identical figure corresponds to any Cell in the applicable level in the pay matrix, the same shall be the pay , and if no such cell is available in the applicable level, the pay shall be fixed at the immediate next higher Cell in that applicable Level of the Pay Matrix, as per schedule V.
8. Fixation of pay in the revised pay structure in respect of an employee appointed as fresh recruits on or after 01.01.2016 as per the 6th Pay Commission of West Bengal ‐ The pay of employees appointed by direct recruitment on or after the 1st day of January 2016 shall be fixed at the minimum pay or the first Cell in the Level, applicable to the post to which such employees are appointed subject to the higher initials, where applicable, as indicated in Schedule‐III under 6th pay commission West Bengal.
Provided that where the existing pay of such employee appointed on or after the 1st day of January 2016 and before the notification of these rules, has already been fixed in the existing pay structure and if his existing emoluments happen to exceed the minimum pay in the revised pay structure as applicable to the post to which he is appointed on or after the first day of January 2016, such difference shall be treated to be personal pay to be absorbed in future increments in pay under 6th pay commission West Bengal .
10. Date of next increment in revised pay structure.‐ In respect of all Government employees, there shall be a uniform date of annual increment, as existing and such date of annual increment shall be the 1st day of July of every year as per the 6th Pay Commission of West Bengal.
11. Fixation of pay on promotion on or after the 1st day of January 2016 as per WB ROPA 2019– The fixation of pay in case of promotion from one level to another in the revised pay structure shall be made in the following manner, namely;‐
(i) One increment shall be given as per WB ROPA 2019 in the Level from which the Government employee is promoted and he shall be placed at a Cell equal to the figure so arrived at in the Level of the post to which promoted and if no such Cell is available in the Level to which promoted, he shall be placed at the next higher Cell in that Level. 6th pay commission of West Bengal govt latest news.
Calculate your revised salary under WB ROPA 2019 just below
Revised Salary Calculator just above
Find out the Pay Level for 6th pay commission calculator for the West Bengal Government employees from the following images and put the value in the above blank box.
Help: WB ROPA 2019 has been designed keeping in mind your existing Grade Pay. So,under WB ROPA 2019 your pay level would be decided based on your existing GP level. As per the following example.
- If your current Grade Pay is Rs.3600, your new Pay Level under 6th Pay Commission West Bengal will be 9.
- If your current Grade Pay is Rs.3900, your new Pay Level under 6th Pay Commission West Bengal will be 10.
- If your current Grade Pay is Rs.4400, your new Pay Level under 6th Pay Commission West Bengal will be 12.
- If your current Grade Pay is Rs.5400, your new Pay Level under under 6th Pay Commission West Bengal will be 16
Final words on WB ROPA 2019 6th pay commission West Bengal salary calculator of West Bengal government employees
Utmost care has bee taken while presenting this 6th pay commission West Bengal Salary calculation. If you find any mistake here, this is completely unintentional and you are requested to kindly point this out. I hope you are quite happy to get this WB pay commission or 6th pay commission salary calculator.
If you like this post on 6th pay commission salary calculator or 6th pay calculator, kindly share it with friends and others and help them in calculating their increased salary.