West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme
West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme-Finally on 30.06.2021, the Government of West Bengal announced the long-awaited flagship student benefit scheme popularly known as West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme(WBSCCS) 2021.
The Chief Minister of West Bengal has announced that the Govt. of West Bengal in association with the Department of Higher Education, has launched this Soft loan Scheme to encourage the youth of Bengal for their higher education and even to prepare for their competitive exams.
Student Credit Card West Bengal Scheme has been designed in such a way so that it ensures all the students of Bengal can become self-sufficient in their own way without much thinking about their financial constraints i.e. their cost of higher education or even the cost of enrollment in competitive exam institutes.
This is indeed a great move from the Government as only giving subsidies in different forms is not going to solve the problems of our present generation. Education is the only way to do away with the most popular problem of our current generation “Unemployment“.
So encouraging them to pursue higher education and arranging Soft Loan funds at a very lower interest rate has made this West Bengal Student Credit Card scheme very lucrative among the prospective students.
Objectives of West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme
The primary objective of this West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme is to make the students believe that there is someone to take care of their financial constraints and they are only required to focus only on their studies.
This will certainly boost the confidence of the students and help them perform better in their respective fields of study.
From time immemorial, we have seen many students despite having strong potential get disappeared into the crowd just because there was no one to fund their studies. Not necessarily every bright student gets a scholarship to pursue his higher education.
Main objective of Student Credit Card Scheme
The main objective of this education funding scheme is to provide hassle-free soft loans to the students of Bengal to pursue their higher education or participate in competitive exams and live up to their dreams.
What are the Features/Benefits of Student Credit Card Scheme:
This credit funding scheme was launched in order to provide the following benefits to the students of West Bengal:
- Security Free: This scheme provides a collateral security free loan to the students of West Bengal pursuing higher studies or even competitive exams;
- Loan Amount: Maximum permissible loan amount is ₹10 Lakh under this Student Credit Card Scheme;
- Simple Interest: Simple Interest rate @4% per annum which is very low as compared to current market borrowing rate;
- Easy Accessibility: This soft loan is easily accessible from State Cooperative Bank and its affiliated Central Cooperative Banks and District Central Cooperative Banks and Public/ Private Sector Banks;
- Education: It aims to promote secondary, higher secondary, madrasah, undergraduate and post-graduate studies including professional degree and other equivalent courses in any School, College, University and other affiliated institutes within and outside India;
- Age limit: Maximum age limit to apply this loan is 40 years;
- Repayment: Maximum repayment period has been set to 15 years from the date of availing this loan;
- Concession: If interest is serviced during the study period, there will be an interest concession of 1% to the borrower;
- Expenses: Covers both institutional and non institutional Expenses;
- Living Expenses: Up to 20% of the loan sanctioned amount shall be used as the living expenses during the entire course and maximum 30% shall be utilised as non institutional expenses including the living cost.
Student Credit Card West Bengal Eligibility
Student Credit Card West Bengal Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible to apply for the loan under this scheme, one needs to pass the Class IX exam from any of the recognized Boards which are active in West Bengal. The student is also required to be enrolled in Class X or for Class 10+2 or higher education in any course in any recognised Higher Education Institution or in a coaching institute for appearing in the entrance examination.
The eligible entrance examinations are such as Medical/Engineering/Law courses/ other Professional Courses like Chartered Accountant(CA), Cost and Management Accountant(CMA), Company Secretary(CS) or for competitive examinations like UPSC/PSC/SSC etc. for availing loan under SCC scheme.
Domicile Eligibility: The applying student or his family has to be a resident of the State of West Bengal at least for 10 years preceding the date of application.
This credit card scheme is exclusively applicable only to students whose families are residents of West Bengal for at least for last 10 years at the time of application. The students who are residing out of the state for education but whose families are residing in West Bengal are still eligible to apply for this credit card facility. Even students studying outside India are also eligible to apply for the Student Credit Card West Bengal Scheme.
Student Credit Card West Bengal Eligibility Synopsis
- A resident of West Bengal at least for the last 10 years;
- Minimum eligibility for a student shall be a Class IX pass;
- Maximum age limit is 40 years;
- No need for any NOC from any institution;
- A student can apply for this loan anytime during the course;
- Loan will be granted as per the requirements of the institutions and not ₹10 Lakh as lump sum at a time;
- Student has to submit documents like mark sheets for subsequent loans as per the requirement of the Banks;
- Students studying abroad are also eligible for this loan;
- No minimum passing % of marks required for applying for this loan;
- Students Credit Card will be issued once the loan is sanctioned;
- This credit card is not transferrable by any means;
- No minimum income criteria are applicable for this loan, so anyone can apply irrespective of his parents’ income;
- Students studying in distance learning mode are not eligible to apply for this loan;
- Student Credit Card Loan can not be applied for any future courses, admission receipt is to be uploaded while applying.
Student Credit Card West Bengal Apply Online
For Student Credit Card West Bengal Apply Online, one needs to register first and fill up the form details in the below-mentioned WB Govt. Website:
FAQs on West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme
What is Student Credit Card West Bengal Helpline Number?
From the above you can see that the
West Bengal Student Credit Card Helpline Number is 1800-102-8014
Student Credit Card West Bengal Interest Rate?
The Student Credit Card West Bengal Interest Rate is 4% simple interest. If interest is served from the very first day of the loan i.e. during one’s study period, a 1% concession in the interest shall be given to the borrower.
Who is eligible for Student Credit Card in West Bengal?
A student who is a resident of West Bengal for at least last 10 years and has passed the minimum Class IX exam, is eligible to apply for this Student Credit Card West Bengal. Also, there is no minimum income limit and no minimum marks criteria for applying for this loan.
What is West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme?
In simple words, this is a flagship student empowerment scheme dreamt of by the Chief Minister of West Bengal. This visionary scheme was launched in 2021 and literally got very much popularity within a very short period.
As there are many many meritorious and talented students in West Bengal who want to pursue higher education but their families’ financial condition does not support such higher education.
This scheme helps in providing a soft loan to the maximum tune of ₹10 Lakh at a very lower interest rate of 4%. Also maximum repayment period is 15 years, which is a great relief for many underprivileged students.
This loan is also most importantly fully security/ collateral-free. This is most important for many students as in some cases they have nothing to give as security to the Banks.
To bridge this gap between Merit & Finance, West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme came forward and made this vision possible that “Education is for all and Finances should not be a hindrance for that“.
Can I buy Laptop from West Bengal Student Credit Card?
Yes, of course, you can buy Laptops from West Bengal Student Credit Card. You can take this loan for the course fee, tuition fee, books, computers, or laptops subject to the maximum sanctioned credit limit.
West Bengal Student Credit Card PDF Download
Student Credit West Bengal PDF Download Below: