Swasthya Sathi Scheme for All from 01.12.2020
Swasthya Sathi Scheme 2020: The people of West Bengal is going to remember the day of 26th November 2020 for a very very long time. It is like a golden day for them and hopefully will be remembered forever.
On 26th November 2020, the Chief Minister of West Bengal has declared that the Swasthya Sathi Scheme Health Coverage has been extended for all the citizens of West Bengal completely free of cost.
This announcement has really brought a joyful moment for all the people in West Bengal. The Govt. is thinking to bring the entire population of W.B under the purview of this scheme.
Health care is a basic need especially during this Covid 19 situation and this scheme is really a unique one on its own as far as its benefits are concerned. So, the Govt. has brought the benefit of treatment of all your family members under one umbrella named Swasthya Sathi Scheme 2020.
Benefits of Swasthya Sathi Scheme 2020 at a Glance
- Swasthya Sathi Scheme is for meeting your basic health care needs;
- The entire population of West Bengal has now been brought under this scheme;
- It is available for all citizens of W.B from 1st December 2020;
- The benefit of cashless treatment up to ₹5 Lakh per family per year;
- One Swasthya Sathi Card per family to be alloted;
- Completely free of cost cashless treatment;
- Treatment of all critical illness is now covered;
- The card includes information of all family members;
- Total 1500 Hospitals have been brought under the Swasthya Sathi Scheme;
- Now treatment at hospitals outside West Bengal is permitted;
- Enrolment for new Swasthya Sathi Card will be done from 01.12.2020 at Duare Sarkar Prakalpa camps;
- Govt. will spend ₹2,000 Crores for insurance premium under this scheme.
Applicability of Swasthya Sathi Scheme
This free of cost health coverage scheme will be applicable from 1st December 2020. Now this Swasthya Sathi Scheme is applicable for all the people of West Bengal irrespective of their caste, creed and religious belief and monthly earnings.
Earlier this health scheme was allowed only to underprivileged, economically deprived, financially backward people and school teachers. But this new announcement has made it applicable for all citizens of West Bengal.
You may read the below popular posts:
It is expected that around 10 Crore people will be directly benefitted through this health scheme. Earlier around 7.5 Crore people were under the ambit of this health scheme. Therefore, now it has been expanded for additional 2.5 Crore people.
Many critics are whispering that this the replica of Ayushman Bharat Scheme of the Central Govt. Be it a central or state-run scheme, ultimately general citizens are going to be benefitted from this mammoth health scheme.
Swasthya Sathi Form Download
You can download Swasthya Sathi Application Form Below
How to Fill up Swasthya Sathi Form
Filling up Swasthya Sathi Form is very simple. You just need to follow the below instructions carefully:
Step-1: Write the name of your District, Block/ Municipality, Village/
Ward in which you live;
Step-2: Write your complete residential address and also mention your house no. if available. Don’t forget to mention PIN code;
Step-3: If you or any of your family member is employed in any Govt. department, write the name of the Department & complete address. Also, you have to mention the Department name and section name. Write N/A if not applicable for you.
Step-4: Now carefully tick the right option applicable for you like your Minority status, Caste, declaration for availing Govt.sponsored Health Insurance/ Assurance scheme, declaration for receiving Medical Allowance from Government. Strikeout the wrong option.
Step-5: Now write the names of your family members one by one in the given columns, Gender, Age, mobile no. and Aadhar Card No if available.
Step-6: Finally at the bottom right corner put your signature;
How to apply Swasthya Sathi Card?
Existing Beneficiary: Before applying for Swasthya Sathi Card you should keep in mind that only one card will be allotted per family incorporating details of all family members. If you are already a Swasthya Sathi Card beneficiary, you are now not eligible to apply for a new card.
So, in case of an existing cardholder, you can add more family members to this card i.e. updation of family members details and no new card is required.
Swasthya Sathi Online Application
New Beneficiary: Under the new Swasthya Sathi Scheme 2020, one has to apply for Swasthya Sathi online application in the Duare Sarkar Campaign being held at your locality(Blocks/Wards) only.
Currently, the Govt. is not allowing any other means of Swasthya Sathi online registration. You are required to collect Swasthya Sathi Form B, from the camps at free of cost.
Then fill-up the form as mentioned above and submit it to the field officers on that day of the camp. If you can not submit it on that day, you may ask them regarding the next camp organising date. The field officers upon receipt of your application form, upload the details to the Swasthya Sathi Portal.
The Data entry will be held in the Block Office. The operators and data-entry machine of out-sourcing agency for Form-B data entry will be provided by the District.
Every Block and Municipality was ordered to arrange a place to stay for the operators and Internet Connection for data-entry.
The following procedures will be followed by the field operators of officers for Swasthya Sathi online registration:
- Operators will check whether the URN of the beneficiary has been generated or not by the “Find Your Name” option in the Swasthya Sathi Mobile App & also the Swasthya Sathi official Site;
- The searching will take place with the help of UID and Khadya Sathi ID and Contact Number;
- If the URN has already been generated then the beneficiary will be provided with the URN with a probable date of card distribution.
- If the URN of the beneficiary has not been generated then the beneficiary will be provided with a blank form B.
- Filled in Forms, submitted by the beneficiaries, will be collected by the Blocks. (Please inform the beneficiaries that they fillup the form in Block letters and the Mandatory fields are Application Number, Serial No, Date, Name, Aadhaar Number and Contact Number.)
Swasthya Sathi Hospital List
It has already been revealed by the Health Department that more than 1500 hospitals have been empanelled so far including private hospitals under this health scheme.
The treatment is now not limited to hospitals in West Bengal only. Even the benefit has been extended to hospitals across India.
To check the Swasthya Sathi Hospital List under your district and nearest locality you may check the below link and put your details there: